We are looking for a teacher for our Threes class, as well as our new enrichment class for 2019-2020.
- Click here for more details Teacher Job Description
- Teacher Job Information:
Schedule: Part time; days TBD
Daily Routine: Opening, Activity Centers (free play), Music, Sharing, Hand Wash/Snack, Large Motor, Closing
A little more “worldly-wise”, with greater vocabulary, and sense of self, this class offers fun ways for children to work together in groups through collaborative activities (building, imaginative play, etc.). With a two out of the three days drop-off, it’s an opportunity for children to learn to be even more independent and rely on trusted adults for assistance. Longer circle time, greater emphasis on story-telling, conversations, and following instructions are emphasized. Pre-academic skills, such as counting, spelling, using scissors, among others, are introduced.
The Enrichment Class:
Schedule: Fridays from 12:45-3:45 for existing students ages 3-5. This class is an optional add-on to the existing preschool students.
Daily Routine: The Enrichment Class is led by the teacher and focuses mainly on STEM concepts (science, technology, engineering and math). Students are led to explore their world through play and guided inquiry. During a typical class, children experience gross motor activities, music, stories, experiments, choice time and outdoor time.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Knowledge of early childhood development.
- Experience with recognizing areas of developmental concerns.
- Ability to implement age-appropriate classroom management practices.
- Understand and use various ECE assessment techniques to guide curriculum planning.
- Excellent communication skills with both children and adults.
- Energetic, enthusiastic, and warm personality.
- Ability to identify and address issues with individual children or parents.
- Leadership and organizational skills.
- Ability to train and direct teaching assistants.
CREDENTIALS AND EXPERIENCE:
- BA or AA in Early Childhood Education or related field strongly preferred.
- CPR and first aid certification required.
- Previous experience (as a teacher or parent) in a cooperative preschool environment preferred.
- Previous experience supervising others in a work environment preferred.
Job Type: Part-time
Salary: $ /hour Dependent On Experience
To apply please send a resume, teaching philosophy statement, two professional references (name/email/phone), and a sample week-long lesson plan (3-5 year olds) to QACP.ViceChair@gmail.com