Serving children and their families for over 50 years, we are among Seattle’s oldest cooperative preschools. Parents and teachers work together to enable young minds explore the world in a safe, stimulating and nurturing environment. Our philosophy emphasizes socialization and play-based learning. Interaction with parent educators offers parents an opportunity to gain further insights to meet their children’s physical, intellectual and social/emotional needs.
Parents are an integral part of the success of QACP. We strive to create a community where both parents and children are supported through early childhood and beyond by the connections they have made with other coop families.
Why Choose a Cooperative Preschool?
Because you are your child’s first teacher, you…
- want to learn about child development firsthand in the classroom and at monthly parent meetings;
- want to demonstrate involvement in your child’s life and watch her discover the joy of learning in a classroom setting from the very beginning;
- understand the spirit of cooperation – for children and families;
- want to meet, learn from, and work with other parents of preschool-aged children;
- enjoy the camaraderie and support of other families;
- look forward to the unique opportunity to develop special relationships with your child’s preschool friends;
- wish to meet neighborhood families and make friendships that last a lifetime;
- understand that social skill development is more important than academics to prepare children for future success in school;
- want to be involved in the decisions that affect your child’s preschool experience;
- have special skills and attributes you can share with your child and your preschool – both in and out of the classroom;
- understand the value of hands-on learning for children and their families;
- want a nurturing, activity-rich environment for your child to safely explore; and
- realize that you don’t have all the answers to parenting questions.