Age: Child must be 3 years old by August 31st
Teachers: Nanci Murphy
Description of in-person class:
- One classroom helper from each enrolled family will assist during in-person instruction on a rotating schedule.
- Curriculum will use STEAM (science, technology, engineering, art and math) projects and explorations to extend learning about themes.
- Class will meet outdoors (during Phase 2). We will explore and observe our environment. Many topics will relate to outdoor themes including weather, plants and seeds, animal life and habitats, insects, life cycles of plants and animals, human body, and seasonal changes. We will explore and learn about our community.
- Class time will include fine motor, gross motor activities, free play, and circle time.
- Children will need to be prepared for the weather and should have a comfortable pair of rainboots, a sturdy HOODED raincoat and we suggest a pair of rain pants.
Here is a sample of benefits of outdoor learning:
- Children who play outside are more physically active.
- Children who play regularly in natural environments have more advanced motor skills, such as agility, balance and coordination and are sick less often.
- Children who play outside engage in more imaginative games, interact and get along better with others.