Thank you: QACP Members, Auction Sponsors, and Generous Donors!
- At Queen Anne Cooperative Preschool we once again put the “fun” in fundraising with our annual silent and live auction.
- Each year the auction night is one of the highlights of our experience at QACP– and 2018 was no different.
- It was a chance to socialize with friends, bid on exciting items, and support our beloved school.
- Ensuring the school’s financial stability is a crucial part of our job as QACP members and we are all grateful for the roles that everyone played at this year’s fundraising auction!
All-School Announcements: Join the QACP Board!
Along with working with their children in class once a week, parents have the option to take on varied responsibilities, including serving on our preschool’s board (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Members with board leadership positions participate in monthly board meetings, and in addition to their independent job functions, act as member representatives to the governing body of our school.
All major decisions require a majority vote by the board, and board minutes are made available to every member (email@example.com).
Each co-op member, regardless of their job, are always invited to attend regular board meetings and also encouraged to inquire about vacancies on the current or upcoming year’s school board.
QACP is Hiring: 2018-19 Main Classroom Teacher Needed!
- Queen Anne Cooperative Preschool has served children and their families for many decades, making us an established cooperative preschool in Seattle, WA.
- We operate in conjunction with the Seattle Central College Parent Education Department to provide preschool classes for children 1-5 years old and to further the education of parents and caregivers in principles of useful and current early childhood development and education.
- Our philosophy emphasizes socialization and play-based learning. Parents and teachers work together to enable young minds to grow in an enriching, fun, and educational environment.
- We are looking for someone who loves to bring learning alive for children through art, movement, music and more (https://queenannecoop.org/about-2/hiring/).
- Currently, we are seeking a part-time teacher for three to four days a week. Classes will start in September 2018 with the final schedule to be determined.
- Additional responsibilities include attending and reporting at board meetings, staff meetings, and class meetings (each held once per month).
- The right candidate for this position will have strong skills in directing and working with adults plus the enthusiasm and energy to lead preschoolers in engaging experiences; both in and out of the classroom.
- To apply, please send: a resume, teaching philosophy statement, two professional references (name/email/phone), and a sample week-long Pre-K lesson plan to QACP.ViceChair@gmail.com.
Save the Date: Farewell and Congratulations to Linda Capps!
Saturday, June 2nd from 1-3pm at Montlake Community Center (1618 E. Calhoun St. Seattle, WA 98112) is the big QACP retirement party for our very own Teacher Linda. MCC is centrally located in a quiet neighborhood on Portage Bay south of UW & 520 just west of the Washington Park Arboretum (http://www.seattle.gov/parks/find/centers/montlake-community-center).
Linda Capps started at the Queen Anne Cooperative Preschool in 1986. She taught all of the classes for a number of years, but over the last ten years has served as our lead teacher while working with several co-teachers at QACP. Linda’s B.A. degree is from the University of Washington and is in education and English (https://queenannecoop.org/about-2/teachers/).
Teacher Linda discovered cooperative preschools in 1980 when her son was 2 years old, and then participated as a parent and board member over the next six years while her son and daughter attended a co-op affiliated with Shoreline Community College (http://www.shoreline.edu/). Linda’s childhood dream of teaching became an amazing journey filled with the opportunity to be a part of hundreds of young lives. Experiencing the vitality, wonder, and joy of so many QACP preschoolers has been a daily gift for her.
Watch class google group emails for more info and to confirm your attendance at this event via electronic invitation. Additionally, if you know individuals that remember Teacher Linda from her career at QACP and would like send congratulations and/or also attend this family-friendly, community celebration, please write our school’s Events Chair (firstname.lastname@example.org) with their email address and contact information.